Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Steve Regan

So, the Evanescence concert was awesome. I had no doubt that it would be, but it's good to report on the happiness that was Evanescence in concert. Oh, by the way, Finger 11 and Chevelle were awesome too. The latter band brings up an interesting story to mind...

In high school, Chevelle's song "The Red" was extremely popular. In the middle of the song, the singer yells, "Seeing red again!" over and over. That's the background on the song. Being a little hard of hearing, I always thought that he was singing, "Steve Regan!". I had no idea who Steve Regan was, but I figured he was important, so, I was embarrassed to ask about him. I was afraid that everyone would laugh at the fact that I didn't know who Steve Regan was. Well, I finally got up the courage to ask my best friend Richard about the song.

We were in the car going back to school after lunch. I was riding in the back seat and "The Red" came on the radio. They overplayed that song by the way. So, when the chorus came by, I went for the glory question. I asked, "So who is Steve Regan anyway?". Richard laughed. That was terrible. I was ready to lie and say I was joking, when Richard said, "You're serious aren't you?" He said it in the worst possible way: with pity. The way he said it said to me, "Oh my god! I thought you were joking, now I know you're just an idiot!" Richard would never say something like that to me, but his response to my question made me feel like that. Richard then clarified, "I think it says 'Seeing red again!'". Of course it says that. What else could it say? Certainly not Steve Regan! Well, Richard said he could see where I was coming from, so I didn't feel so bad, but I don't think I'll ask Richard who "Anomaly" is from the Incubus song.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Greene (and His Orchestra) said...

I like this story.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I was there too!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home