Thursday, November 30, 2006

Neurosis Pays off

I've always been scared of the weather and what it can do. Any time I hear about it raining or snowing, I'm looking for the worst to come. Well, this morning, it did. It's about 7:12 AM right now and the weather is awful! There is about an inch of ice on my window and the walkway down below. It feels like 9 degrees outside with a windchill of negative absolute zero! For those science folks in the audience, you'll know that absolute zero cannot be reached. Anyway, it's really fucking cold! I bet Shawn is having a great day looking at all the bizzare weather patterns. Wasn't it almost 70 degrees on Tuesday? I was wearing short sleeve shirts on Tuesday and today I wouldn't step outside without a parka on! Oh well, at least school is closed and I'm off work today. Not that my work would be any more open than my school. I'm currently awaiting a message from my DM about the current situation. I've sent him some info about the weather channel that says we're boned until 4:15 this afternoon. I hope he gets it and recieves it well. He's not answering his cell phone, so that's not good. He lives in the boonies, so I don't even know if his power went out or not last night. Did that happen to anyone? Man it would suck not to have heating in your house tonight. Down right miserable I'm sure. As I said, I got paranoid about the weather when I first heard about it, and look what happened. I wonder how many people are actually going to try to get out today. I'm sure the movie theaters and movie rental places are going to be busy. They always are on days like this. Everyone thinks it okay to make them go to work, but screw them going to work! No way we're going to risk a 15-30 minute drive to work, but we'll rent a movie from a Blockbuster 5 minutes away! And those people that have to come in to work at Blockbuster, I bet they want to kill everyone that doesn't get in an accident on the way to there store. I remember once that it snowed and the roads were bad, but I still had to come into work at GameStop on NW Expressway. It was miserable. I about died a couple of times on my way. Every time a customer came in, I almost locked the doors. I even saw a couple cars slide trying to park in the parking lot! Can you believe people? There priorities are totally screwed up. Just like the guy who got shot for his BS3 game system. Oh did, I call a PS3 the BS3? Maybe I did? Just for fun facts, what if I told you all that my demo unit came in on Tuesday night and the unit was broken on Wednesday morning? Don't believe it, well it's true. My PS3 is bricked officially. It's a hunk of crap sitting in my store. I find that real funny.

It just keeps coming down out there. I don't know how anyone plans to go anywhere today. It would be ill advised. Well, I'm going back to bed and maybe something will be known in an hour or so.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yeah, I totally woke up an hour early so I could go into work and be on time and everything else, and they cancelled work today. I'm still going to go out, but a share of that is just because I feel the need to know what the Saturn can do on ice and what it can't do. It maybe very important to know that by tomorrow. So to visit the poor coffee bar people (R)! And I wouldn't expect anyone to be open on a day like today. I have video I still haven't watched sitting on my shelf, all wrapped still and everything (hooray for black friday deals). Have a good day, and stay warm.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Mr. Greene (and His Orchestra) said...

He he he...BS3. Yeah, I was driving around today. It's amazing to see how many people here don't know how to drive safely on slick roads.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home